Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Objectives

We succeed only as we identify in life, or in war, or in anything else, a single overriding objective, and make all other considerations bend to that one objective.

If you don't want your job or business to get to the point where it's just work or is some soul sucking thing you have to do to just live take heed to the above quote.

Really, everything you do should fit into your overriding objective. 

Don't have an overriding objective.  Great!  You now know what you're top priority should be. 

Don't kid yourself.  Coming up with an overarching goal IS work.  It's work that most people don't do for whatever reason.

A goal book is one of the few things I always carry around with me.  I'm always asking where I'm at in terms of my goals and constantly thinking about whether the goals I have are still what I want.  I'm also growing the list.

No idea where to begin?  Just write something dumb down.  It's better to have something than nothing.  Moreover, the more you just do it the easier it gets and the better you get at it.